Swim + Dive Parent Meeting
- Thursday January 17th from 6:30-8:00pm
- Small Theater at MCHS
- Swimmers are optional
- January 28: Swim Suit and Gear Ordering Deadline (see order link below)
- February 4: Athletic Packet Due on 8to18
- February 11: Swim Practice Starts @ Costa
- February 12: Board Meeting
- March 7: Green & Gold Meet @ Costa
- March 12: Board Meeting
- March 15/16: Mt Sac Invite @ Mt San Antonio College
- March 19,20, 22: South Bay Invite @ Costa
- March 28: Pen @ Costa
- April 9: Board Meeting
- April 11: Costa @PV
- April 12: Fun Event @ Costa
- April 18: Redondo @Costa
- April 19: Parent Party @ Hirshberg's
- April 23 & 25: League (@Redondo)
- April 26: Fun Event @ Costa
- May 3 & 4: CIF @ Riverside CC
- May 7: Board Meeting
- May 30: Swim Banquet @ Portofino in Redondo
Athletic Packets on 8to18 Registration
The registration deadline is February 4. Go to https://miracosta.8to18.com to register for the 2019 Swim season. You must have a physical once every 12 months to participate in athletics at Mira Costa. If you need a physical, Susan Rossow has set up free physicals on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Go to https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2640171/false#/invitation to register for a physical.
Our program cannot run without your financial support. For the 2019 season we have over 150 swimmers who will train and compete in meets as well as earn PE credits. We have 6 coaches and over 180 hours of pool time for your students. The swim program costs $50,000 per year to run and your donation only covers a portion of the need. The 2019 season ASK is $250 per swimmer.
Please donate now to help support your athlete and our program.
Go to the MBX Foundation website to support our program today!
We want to look like a unified team for the 2019 season which means all swimmers will wear the same suit, cap and t-shirt for all swim meets.
Click on the link below to check out the 2019 swim suits and other cool gear:
Swim Tryouts were held on Thursday, December 13 and Monday, December 17. Results are posted below and under the Rosters tab.
If you have any questions about tryouts, please contact Coach Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to everyone who tried out for the 2019 Costa Swim team.
Here are the 2019 Costa Swim Rosters:
- 2019 Costa Varsity Swim - 2-4pm Practice - ALL Meets Required
- 2019 Costa Competitive JV Swim - 2-4pm Practice - ALL Meets Required
- 2019 Costa Non-Competitive JV/Frosh Swim - 4-5:30pm Practice - ALL HOME Meets Required
SWIM + DIVE BOARD
- PRESIDENT John Bathurst
- VICE-PRESIDENT Susan Rossow
- TREASURER Amber Cascadden
- NEWSLETTER (MBX, SCHOOL) Open
- MEET RECAPS Open
- WEBSITE Tom Humbarger
- PR (BR, DB) Michelle McEwen
- PHOTOGRAPHER (2)
- Varsity Je. Schwedock
- Frosh/Soph Open
- MBX MEETINGS (1 x month) John Bathurst + ??
- DONATIONS (ASK) Nicole Hirshberg
- SWIM Open
- JG’s Girls Water Polo (Need 1 to assist)
- SWIM Open
- APPAREL Sarah Brown + Heidi Haim
- MEET OPERATIONS Nancy Strum
- SNACK STAND Lisa May + Darcy Diaz
- PARENT MIXER Open
- BANQUET Lisa May + ??
- TEAM BUILDING/FUN EVENTS Open
Open Roles for Swim+Dive Board
- Newsletter (MBX, School) - Weekly write-ups
- Meet Recaps - Weekly
- 2nd Photographer - Help support Jeff
- Fundraising - JG’s is covered by Girls WP this year but need to give them some support. Also some additional fundraising needed.
- Parent Mixer - Someone who is a good party planner
- Team Building/Fun Events - Making it fun for the kids. Usually good for a non-club swim parents
For any questions for the Swim+Dive Board, please contact John Bathurst:
- M: 310.594.5705
- E: email@example.com
Board Meetings for 2018/2019 - 6:30pm Start Time at the Hirschberg's