Boys & Girls Water Polo Weekly Update (as of 03/07/21 @ 7:30 PM)
Wear shoes to and from pool deck, and keep your distance when walking.
VERY IMPORTANT – If you can’t make your practice time, you must contact Coach Reichardt 24 hours prior. firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO THE SCHEDULE THIS WEEK!!
Athletes - check Google Classroom on Non-Training Days. Any changes/cancellations to practice (for weather or other reasons) will come via the REMIND APP.
IF you have NOT received the RUVNA text/email then please fill out the google form with all the info on it and Coach Reichardt will forward it to the district. The text/email goes to the parent not the player. The parent fills in the form and forwards the QR code to their athlete who shows it to the coach at practice.
From Coach Reichardt -
What I know .. and what I don't know for the girls teams...
- This week we have three games. They are all away games. 25 spectators are allowed on deck at the Penn HS game Tuesday. (reference protocols below - complete their "link") Still waiting for info on protocols for PV and ES.
- I do not know the roster for girls yet. I'll forward as soon as I get it.
- I will need to know ASAP who will need a ride. Varsity girls will need to carpool together and JV Girls will need to carpool together. They play before and after Boys Varsity.
- Senior Day is tentatively scheduled for Monday, March 15th at MCHS. Senior Parents please "save the date". More details to follow. MCHS did allow parents on deck for Friday and Saturday's game against Loyola. MCHS protocols will be confirmed and forwarded later.
COVID Testing is required and must be turned in on Thursday. Testing will take place at The Bottle Inn. Please sign up with the link below.
From Coach Reichardt
Reference the schedule below for this week, we have 3 game days. The Coaches are doing their best to get everyone some play time. For the away games have the athletes arrive 30 minutes prior to game time.
PROTOCOLS AND INFORMATION FOR PENINSULA GAME ON TUESDAY
Here are some protocols that we set up for our water polo games that athletes and spectators are expected to follow through:
Peninsula High School Water Polo Game Day Protocol
• Entry will be through the gate North of the gym.
• Masks must be worn at all times on the campus except when competing for athletes.
• Masks must be worn at all times on campus for spectators.
• Athletes and spectators will need to complete the self-screener (bchdcovidscreen.org) and be prepared to show their “green screen” upon entry.
• Maintain social distance when on the pool deck, including spectators in the stands. Please have them look for the Panther Paws when they come inside.
• Spectators should refrain from loud cheering or shouting.
• Athletes arrive 30 minutes prior to game time to warm up.
• Parents should enter the pool area just prior to start time and leave when their athlete's game is over. There is a maximum capacity of 25 (immediate family members)visiting fans per team/game.
• Players “on the bench” but in the water should remain 8 ft apart, when on the pool deck, they should have a mask on.
• Spectators and Athletes cannot bring food to eat on campus.
• Athletes should come dressed to play. There will be no access to the locker rooms.
• Restrooms are located on the parking lot side of the gym.
As always... more information to come.
CONGRATULATIONS - SIGNING DAY 2020! (updated 12/6/2020)
Please join us in Congratulating our 15 Mira Costa Athletes
who will continue their sport at the next level:
Aidan Aguilar-Loyola Marymount- Baseball
Nick Bacura-Santa Clara University -Baseball
Madeline Bonanni-UCLA-Women's Beach Volleyball
Amanda Burns-Loyola Marymount-Women's Indoor Volleyball
Nicholas Butler-Quinnipiac University-Men's Lacrosse
Jackson (Jake) Carter-USC-Men's Water Polo
Emma Fong-College of the Holy Cross-Women's Softball
Ava Gallien-USC-Women's Beach Volleyball
Alexa Langlois-Tulane-Women's Beach Volleyball
Tasman Mullins-Dartmouth-Women's Indoor Volleyball
Natalie Myszkowski-UCLA-Women's Beach Volleyball
Piper Stevens-Dartmouth-Women's Indoor Volleyball
Collin Tournat-UCSD-Men's Water Polo
NIkki Underwood-Duke-Women's Indoor Volleyball
Kai Scarlet - Loyola Marymount - Men's Water Polo
BWP & GWP GAMES - Updates coming when in season.